Thursday, February 8, 2018

Capstone Problem

    Technology has expanded as much as limit us in many different ways. When it comes to the detrimental effects of technology I would say that our devices put us into little personal bubble spaces that we end up being in a little more than we should be. The kind of problem I want to solve is social. I want to bring an environment to campus where technology actually allows people to bond with each other in an interactive way rather than technology that alienates us from interacting in real physical form. I want people to be in an environment where they can create a vibe with someone and have fun creating sounds and visuals in an interactive sensor loaded space.

    For this interactive audio/visual space to be possible, I want to use lasers that shine a beam of light onto photoresistors that connects to MAXmsp. MAXmsp will allow the lasers to become string triggers for an audio function as if they were guitar strings floating in air. I can use green lasers to control audio and blue or red lasers to control the visuals in the space. When a laser reflects off a mirror it creates 2 beams. Because of this one laser could potentially trigger 2, 4 or 8 instruments depending how many mirrors are involved. If people where in this room with friends I have no doubt they will gain a new and fun experience from it. Using technology to help us have fun physical experiences with each other is my goal. Because too often now people are isolated from one another because of their devises.

No comments:

Post a Comment